Before you start: Close Microsoft Word and Outlook. Credosity might be active in an open document or email. Closing Word and Outlook ensures the uninstall is smooth.
Next, the following four steps, in this order:
These steps will do a FULL uninstall of Credosity so you can start fresh. It will take around 2 minutes to do. [Note: This is for Windows computers only].
For individual users who self-installed: Auto-updating MSI UNINSTALL
1. Go to Control panel > Programs > Uninstall a program
2. Select 'Credosity' in your list of programs
3. Select 'Uninstall'
For System Administrators: MSI UNINSTALL
Use the command line: msiexec /x Credosity.msi /quiet
Note: This removes the Credosity executables, registry entries and the Microsoft Office plug-in registry entries for Credosity.
STEP TWO: MANUAL REGEDIT UNINSTALL
1. Click your Windows start button (bottom left corner of your machine)
2. Type 'regedit' into the search field
2. Find 'Credosity' in the list of options. They will show up in alphabetical order.
3. Select 'Credosity' and DELETE
STEP THREE: APPDATA UNINSTALL (these are temporary application and configuration files)
1. Find your C:\ drive (the main directory of your computer)
2. Use the following 'address' to find the Local Linguistek folder. Replace 'YourName' with your actual name. It may be your first and/or last name depending on your computer set up:
3. Select the 'Linguistek' folder and DELETE
4. Use the following 'address' to find the Roaming Linguistek folder. Replace 'YourName' with your actual name. It may be your first and/or last name depending on your computer set up:
5. Select the 'Linguistek' folder and DELETE
STEP FOUR: REINSTALL THE LATEST VERSION OF CREDOSITY
1. If you are the company account holder or have your own account, log in: https://account.credosity.com/ to download the latest version of Credosity. If you don't have an account either contact your company account holder, or us (we can easily help!).
Unsure? Didn't work? Get in touch and we'll help you out.